More Places to Dance
The calendar on Friends of Country Dance lists many places to dance. Check with each venue to confirm before going.
- Country by the Bay has dancing on the second Saturday of the month. See Friends of Country Dance for more information.
- Colvin Run – Various dances include Country-Western among other dance types
- DeniDanzco – Swing, country, salsa and more
- Hollywood Ballroom in Silver Spring, MD, country dance on 1st & 3rd Wednesdays.
Local small businesses offering country line dancing and lessons:
- Dancing and lessons with LineDance4You, at various bars, breweries and wineries in No. Virginia.
- Dancing and lessons with Sharon’s School of Dance in Frederick County, MD.
Facebook: there are a number of Facebook groups about country-western dancing in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area: W.I.L.D., Virginia Line Dance Festival, DC Area Country Dancers, All About Line Dance VA/MD/DC Backroom Brewery Line Dancers, Line Dance @ Upton Alley, Virginia Line Dancers, Tush Push Line and Couples Dancing, Mid-Atlantic Dance Classic.
Venues: some bars and restaurants occasionally host line dance groups: Uptown Alley in Manassas, Madigan’s in Occoquan, Tucked Away Brewing Company in Manassas, The Loudoun Kitchen and Bar in Leesburg, and Ned Devine’s Irish Pub in Herndon.
NVCWDA offers dance lessons at the beginning of each dance, usually one line dance (half hour) and one couples dance (half hour). We also review recently taught dances on a regular basis. Here are the recently taught dances.
Some NVCWDA members offer lessons as part of community programs. Check with the organizer about registration, and fees before you go.
- Fairfax County Parktakes
- Fairfax County Senior Centers
- Arlington County 55+ Program
- Herndon Senior Center
- Loudoun County Senior Centers
The calendar on Friends of Country Dance lists lessons.
Fredericksburg Country Dance offers line dance lessons.
Many other dance places and clubs offer lessons as do some of the dance studios in the area. Start with a Facebook search for events and groups.